The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is a department of the government of Tamil Nadu that is responsible for governing the recruitment of personnel into the state’s. public service.
What is TNPSC? What are the TNPSC exams? TNPSC full form is Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The commission recruits for Group 1,2,3,4 services of the state government. TNPSC Group 1, Group 2, and other exams are called TNPSC exams.
This article aims to provide pertinent details regarding the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission as an organization as well as an exam conducting body which is responsible to undertake the Provincial Civil Services exams, the TNPSC exams.
To know about various other State Public Service Commission Exams, please check the given link.
About Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is a government department in Tamil Nadu, which is responsible for the recruitment of eligible personnel into the State’s Public Service.
- The State Service Commission of Tamil Nadu conducts Provincial Civil Services Exams on an annual basis.
- Articles 316 to 319 of the Constitution of India deal with the structure of state public service commissions.
- The Commission consists of 15 Members including 1 Chairman. The current TNPSC chairman is Dr. C. Munianathan, a retired IAS officer.
- Functions of TNPSC Includes :
- Advise the Government on all matters relating to framing of recruitment rules.
- Making appointments and promotions and transfers from one service to another service, in respect of disciplinary matters affecting government servants
- Conduct examinations for selection of candidates under direct recruitment to the State, Subordinate and Ministerial Services.
- Conduct departmental examinations for government servants and examinations on behalf of the national Ministry of Defence.
TNPSC conducts a wide range of examinations throughout the year for the recruitment of various posts under the state government. It provides candidates with the gateway to start their career in the state government as Group A & B officers and Subordinate staff as well. Let’s find out more on these TNPSC exams.
Various recruitment exams for posts ranging from Group I to IV conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission throughout the year are listed below –
- Combined Civil Services Examination – I (Group 1 Services)
- Combined Civil Services Examination – II (Group-II And Group-II A Services)
- Combined Civil Services Examination-III (Group-III Services)
- Combined Civil Services Examination-IV (Group-IV Services & VAO)
- Combined Engineering Subordinate Services Examination
- TNPSC Assistant Engineer Examination
- TNPSC Assistant System Engineer Examination
- TNPSC District Education Officer Examination
- Combined Library and Information Services Examination
- Combined Geology Service Examination
- Combined Statistics Service Examination
Interested candidates can check out other PSC Notifications for reference.